The Retail Operations Manager (ROM) is responsible for leading through Ulta Beauty's mission, vision, and values in order to develop a high-performing team that consistently delivers top-line sales growth. The ROM leads a team of task associates, including a key-holding supervisor, and is accountable for all aspects of managing the operations of a retail store, inclusive of inventory-related processes, merchandise resets, visual ad sets, and pricing compliance. This leader drives his/her business through a focus on performance (sales, inventory results, and operational compliance), people (training and development), and process (standard operating procedures). This position requires a passion for operational excellence, a drive for results, and the ability to quickly and efficiently lead through unforeseen complexity. PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The ROM is a champion of Ulta Beauty's mission, vision, and values, and should demonstrate them skillfully and consistently through the following (as well as all other projects/duties as assigned): Performance
- Meet or exceed goals related to total store sales, inventory, and operational excellence.
- Forecast and adjust payroll to maximize productivity and complete task workload (e.g., shipment, planogram, inventory, and ad set processes) on time, and within the payroll budget.
- Build a team that embodies the Ulta Beauty brand by delivering exceptional service through the execution of tasks that drive product availability, newness, and the option for a self-navigated shopping experience.
- Review and interpret financial and operational reporting regularly, including store visit and audit results.
- Identify underperforming metrics and inefficient processes, and develop strategies that leverage company programs, tools, and resources to improve and grow the business.
- Attract, hire, and retain a diverse team of top talent.
- Train, coach, and develop associates using company programs, tools, and resources.
- Create an environment that inspires and encourages the growth and engagement of associates.
- Establish professional vendor partnerships that foster a shared interest in collaboratively delivering on shipment and planogram expectations.
- Promote a culture of operational excellence amongst the leadership team by sharing best practices, establishing priorities, and providing support.
- Be knowledgeable of, and ensure compliance with Ulta Beauty policies, procedures, and standards.
- Use the company's scheduling tool as directed to adjust schedules and manage attendance in-the-moment during manager-on-duty shifts to ensure accurate schedules and reporting.
- Use the company's task management tool as directed to prioritize and execute store workload, including product and marketing resets, pricing updates, inventory related tasks, cleaning, and replenishment.
- Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store standards and operating procedures are met, including workplace safety, inventory control, and loss prevention.
- Support continuous improvement by implementing company programs and influencing end-user adoption